Thursday, May 30, 2013

A Cinco de Mayo or Summer Fiesta DIY Decor




I made these little pinatas for the kiddy guests. I used a toilet paper roll, wrapped some fringed colorful crepe paper around it, and filled with candy and confetti. I put a pull string at the bottom but they didn't pull too well. But they were cute and contributed to the festive decor perfectly!


I know it's been almost a month since Cinco de Mayo- but I decided to share these pictures now because a lot of these ideas are easy and fun to diy for a summer fiesta anytime!  Here are just a few small things you can make in a jiffy to liven up a fiesta celebration! Enjoy!

 



The tissue paper flower backdrop was created last year for my daughter's birthday party and I had been using it to add color to my craft room here. I think it fits in pretty well here! And in the picture on the right you can see the colorful cut out banners hanging above. 



The colorful striped bamboo runner is actually three dollar store place mats. Aren't they adorable? You can find the neatest things at the dollar store sometimes and these place mats will be used again and again! Love em!


The  coffee filter rolled flowers on the table are from this post here.


Looking back at these pictures, I realize how much I just loooove colorful tissue paper! I buy a bunch whenever I stop at the Dollar Store to keep my supply from diminishing. You just never know when you'll need them! I'd say they're a necessity for any kind of party decor especially when you don't want to invest too much in decorations that'll be used temporarily. 



Here's our makeshift photo booth wall. I snipped some colorful streamers, twisted them and taped them to the wall with some balloons. Simple and effective in creating a temporary backdrop for some festive pics! You'll see a few of them at the bottom! 
The printables and photo props are from The Dating Divas. 







Aren't they just so freakin' adorable?! The kids loved the photo props and I've packed them away to reuse for another fiesta photo booth. Best free thing I've printed off the internet this month! =) And yes, I think I'll always have a photo booth at every party now. I think it's a great excuse to take a break from hostessing and take pictures of everyone enjoying the party. 

We did some kiddo activities at our Cinco de Mayo fiesta as well but I didn't take pictures! =( The girls made tissue paper flowers and tied them to hair clips to wear in their hair and the boys decorated sombreros made from a paper plate and bowl. They enjoyed the little activities- but mostly, we just enjoyed having good friends over and making new memories! 

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like this post? Leave a comment or check the sidebar for ways to connect with me - I'd love to hear what you think!