Sunday, September 8, 2013

The My Little Pony Rarity Birthday Dress!


Yay- it's finally here! I've been talking about this party dress since my first post on K's My Little Pony birthday party and now I can finally show you what I've been working on for the past few days.

Here's Rarity, the fashion designing pony that my daughter is obsessed with.
And here's the dress I made. I totally put the diamond cutie mark on the wrong way but K didn't even notice. Ah well- we all know which pony this is, right? 


I love the ruffles around the neckline. It is so girly, frilly, and exactly like Rarity's style. 


I'll be releasing the pattern for this dress later this week, along with a picture tutorial. I'll have sizes 2T/3T and 4T/5T available for this dress. My daughter's dress here is the 4T/5T version. It's slightly big for her because it's going to be used as part of her dress-up wardrobe for some time. 

Check out the little surprise on the back of the dress! The lace trim creates a curly tail effect- and K totally loves it. 


Isn't it fun? The circle skirt is full and swingy without being bulky- perfect for partying or just playing dress up. I gotta admit that the upper half is my favorite part though. I love the ruffled neck and the layered flutter sleeves and how they frame her cute chubby face. Mostly, I love that she loves it. 

Stay tuned for the pattern later this week! I'll make it available on my Fresh Off the Bolt blog in multiple sizes and options- yay! If you want the pattern, follow me there so you get it as soon as it's released! Also, you should go see my adorable striped tunic dress version of this same pattern! It's my favorite- even K's step-dad complimented her about it and that must mean something coming from a guy who doesn't care about fashion, right? =) 



1 comment:

  1. So adorable! I love the sleeves and lace accents, and I'm sure Rarity would definitely approve!

    ReplyDelete

Like this post? Leave a comment or check the sidebar for ways to connect with me - I'd love to hear what you think!