Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Results of My Recent Sewing Frenzy- Part 1

These outfits are available for sale here!  And while you're there, like my FB page to find out when I'll be releasing these patterns so you can sew them up yourself! Thanks for stopping by!


I've been busy drafting patterns and sewing for the past few weeks and I've got some fun stuff to share! I've had plenty of inspiration from my nieces, including one who isn't even born yet, and what I've got so far is what I'm going to call my spring-inspired girl's apparel. I'm actually hoping to make a business out of this one day, so let me know what you think! Without further ado...


I'm calling this first outfit, the Harmony, after my soon-to-be-born niece. I drafted it in a 9-12 month size and I fell in love with the results so I'll be making this one in bigger sizes. 


I love lace, ruffles, and pleats and those are all present on this little top without making it look too busy. I also love bubble shorts for girls and these chambray striped ones go so well with the Harmony top. 


This next one is a vintage floral peasant top with magenta corduroy bubble shorts. I'm calling it the Cadence outfit. I love the sweet vintage vibe of this outfit so much but I'm so sad that I no longer have anymore of this floral fabric left! I bought it on a thrifting expedition and had been holding onto it for a wee bit too long. It's hard to cut into beautiful fabric- it really, truly is!


But I'm happy that cutting into the fabric resulted in such a beautiful little top at least!


And of course, a touch of vintage lace trim on the bottom hem gives it the perfect amount of sugar.


And I don't have a name yet for this baby peasant dress but isn't it just adorable?! I love mixing fabric prints and this one outfit alone has three. 


The bodice is made from a men's cotton dress shirt! I love upcycling material- saves money and the environment!


I'll also be drafting this dress in bigger sizes because it's just so sweet!


And how could I leave out leggings? It's become a staple in every girl's wardrobe these days. The colorful Navajo-inspired knit fabric is just fun and graphic! I paired it with a mustard-colored knit from my remnant pile and it looks pretty modern and fab, eh?



I love this set- especially the top- and will definitely be sewing up bigger sizes! This set is about an 18-24 month size. 


Just in case you're curious, my sewing frenzy stemmed from a long creative drought. I recently returned from a very long blogging hiatus in which I didn't sew a stitch for three months! And yes, this is what happens when I resurface, ha! 

I've still got more to share with you, too- didn't you notice the title said "Part 1?" Part 2 has some more dresses and tunics in some lovely shades of lilac, gray, mint, and cream and are all self-drafted patterns that were finally released from my imagination. Can't wait!


This post is linked up at Make It and Love It's linky party. See it here!






13 comments:

  1. You have been busy! I love all the vintage touches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful clothes! It's hard to pick which one I like best... maybe the adorable peasant blouse and shorts. Came over from A Round Tuit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great baby clothes!!!Very good job!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, those are cute, lucky nieces! I love to lace trim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm, that should read THE lace trim...I should proofread better :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Crystal! I am the lucky one to have them as such wonderful inspiration! =)

      Delete
  5. LOVE these outfits! Glad I came across your blog from "Make It And Love It"! Looking forward to checking the blog out further. Do you sell patterns? If so, I'd like all the above! I see you have some FREE (wow, thanks) and love that you have tutorials to go with them! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet, thanks so much for reading! I am actually working on making the peasant dress pattern in multiple sizes and will slowly be doing the others as well over the next few months. Thanks!

      Delete
  6. Must Visit this Website they have awesome content for readers.
    https://allinonewebcopy.com/

    ReplyDelete

Like this post? Leave a comment or check the sidebar for ways to connect with me - I'd love to hear what you think!